Skip to main content

Make Chickpeas

One of my new favorite snacks to make at home are chickpeas. Yes, I know, you don’t “make” chickpeas but the way I have them you do.  Trust me once you give them a try you’re going to be making them all the time!




All you need is a can of chickpeas, a baking pan and whatever seasonings you’d like. First, you want to get the chickpeas as dry as possible. Lay them out on a paper towel until you feel that they are pretty dry. Next, spread them out onto a baking pan. Then add whatever seasonings you are in the mood for! I usually use salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin. If you don’t feel like you put the spices on evenly throughout the pan, mix them together with a spoon but make sure you spread them out again before putting them in the oven.  For the first 15 mins, set the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then turn it down to 250 and let them sit for about 2 hours or until crunchy. Then just take them out of the oven and let them cool. Let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why is Charcoal in Everything?

It’s in your toothpaste, your facemask, even in your soap! What is the big deal about Charcoal? Back in 2015 was when we first started hearing about the powers of charcoal. Since then it has spread from beauty products to our household items to our food. Everywhere we look there seems to be a hue of grey. If you’re like me, you might have gotten caught up in the trend without intending to and now somehow you have been partaking in some benefits that you have no idea what they are. I’m here to inform you how charcoal can help you in the many different forms of products we see it in today. We’ll start at the very beginning, the birth of the charcoal trend, the toothpaste. It was hard to go on social media without seeing someone with seriously black teeth that somehow turned their teeth whiter. How does it work? According to Trust Dental Care these toothpastes are made from a form of charcoal called Activated Charcoal. Activated Charcoal has natural adhesive qualities

Jumpin' Jumpin'

This was honestly one of the hardest workouts I have ever done. Aerospace's areojump class is one that is hard to beat. It was (almost) a full class of jump roping (the silent killer of cardio) coupled with a few toning exercises.  Aerospace is know for training many of the Victoria's Secret models including Adriana Lima. Located in the heart of Chelsea, it is easy to get to from almost anywhere in Manhattan. They offer eight different classes along with a "Training Camp". Their classes include ThinkFast, AeroBox, Aero3, AeroBarre, AeroJump (the one I took), AreoImpact, AeroPower and AeroFly. Aerospace's website descrbes it's training camp as,"Every muscle in the body battles against gravity in this ultimate fitness class designed to enhance endurance, speed, stamina, power, coordination, recall, tone and muscle strength." Sounds like my next Aerospace workout will be taking this training camp challenge!

Gotham Gym in Gotham City

Photo taken after one of my first sessions at Gotham with Rob Gotham is my NYC workout favorite, not only because they are welcoming and friendly, but they can also kick your butt! Known for its work with supermodels such as Gigi Hadid or Sara Sampaio, Gotham Gym is a quickly expanding boxing gym that is great for anyone. I started going to Gotham about four years ago when I lived in the city for a summer. I was here for modeling and my agency set up a session with the gym’s owner, Rob. Let me just say, they take their motto, “Train like a fighter” very seriously!  I have been an athlete all my life, from field hockey to swim team, and this workout was hard! Rob pushed me to my limit in a firm but friendly way. The workout was a mixture of boxing and toning exercises that left me sore the next day.  More recent workout at Gotham with Mike Castilo Today, Gotham has group classes that you can sign up for through ClassPass or MindBody apps and they offer personal tra