Skip to main content

Dancing Queen

Many people have heard about Body by Simone. Most likely through Khloe Kardashians show on E! called Revenge Body. I really loved dance when I was a kid and the people that I see coming in and out of the studio seem fit. So, I gave it a try. Lucky me the studio is right in my neighborhood on 26th Street by the water on the West Side. BBS has five signature classes; Dance Cardio, Full Body, ABC (Arms, Back and Core), HTB (Hips, Thighs, and Buns) and Trampoline Cardio.


I took a Dance Cardio Class. Oh boy did I sweat! I re-learned how to memorize choreography and it took me a little to get back into the swing of a dance class. However, with everyone around me enjoying themselves and trying their best, it made messing up easy to laugh at. The class started with a warm-up song. Then we learned 2-3 songs worth of choreography and put them all together to end the dance portion. It was honestly so much fun. As a kid I was more of a ballet girl rather than jaz or hip-hop but I loved this up-beat and challenging class. To end the class we did some ab and leg exercises along with a good stretch. I highly recommend this class for a good time and a good sweat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why is Charcoal in Everything?

It’s in your toothpaste, your facemask, even in your soap! What is the big deal about Charcoal? Back in 2015 was when we first started hearing about the powers of charcoal. Since then it has spread from beauty products to our household items to our food. Everywhere we look there seems to be a hue of grey. If you’re like me, you might have gotten caught up in the trend without intending to and now somehow you have been partaking in some benefits that you have no idea what they are. I’m here to inform you how charcoal can help you in the many different forms of products we see it in today. We’ll start at the very beginning, the birth of the charcoal trend, the toothpaste. It was hard to go on social media without seeing someone with seriously black teeth that somehow turned their teeth whiter. How does it work? According to Trust Dental Care these toothpastes are made from a form of charcoal called Activated Charcoal. Activated Charcoal has natural adhesive qualities

Gotham Gym in Gotham City

Photo taken after one of my first sessions at Gotham with Rob Gotham is my NYC workout favorite, not only because they are welcoming and friendly, but they can also kick your butt! Known for its work with supermodels such as Gigi Hadid or Sara Sampaio, Gotham Gym is a quickly expanding boxing gym that is great for anyone. I started going to Gotham about four years ago when I lived in the city for a summer. I was here for modeling and my agency set up a session with the gym’s owner, Rob. Let me just say, they take their motto, “Train like a fighter” very seriously!  I have been an athlete all my life, from field hockey to swim team, and this workout was hard! Rob pushed me to my limit in a firm but friendly way. The workout was a mixture of boxing and toning exercises that left me sore the next day.  More recent workout at Gotham with Mike Castilo Today, Gotham has group classes that you can sign up for through ClassPass or MindBody apps and they offer personal tra

Hang In There

Anya was created by Courtney Bauer who spent years in he role as a toga, pilates and meditation teacher. As it says on the Anya website  her goal was to "create a fitness formula to strengthen the body, rest the mind and heal the soul." The Anya studio was very relaxing. The smell of aroma therapy wafted throughout the room as I walked in. There were soft curtains separating the different studios and as you can see in the photo, natural light flooded the room as plants grew by the windowsill.  The class I took as Aerial yoga for beginners. I was a little nervous taking this class because I had recently dislocated my shoulder and I didn't want to put too much pressure on it. The class was very relaxing but I did work up a sweat during the abs section. Trust me, you will feel those abs tomorrow. I really enjoyed this class. It had the relaxation I needed to get from the yoga portion but still gave me a good workout. I would go back to Anya again.