Skip to main content

Bari Studio

Bari Studio, located in Tribeca is a great workout that includes a combination of dance, bounce and tone. They are inspired by sports and dance training, making your workout high energy while working mind and body. They offer five different types of classes along with personal training. "Barione" is a 20 minute mix of everything Bari has to offer. "Dance" is a high cardio, fully body workout. "Micro" is the full body conditioning class. I would say it is almost equivalent to a barre class with the use of resistance bands, "bari balls" and skimmers. 


I took Baris' "Bounce" class. The class I took was a half an hour of dance based bouncing on the trampoline and finishing with an ab workout. I really enjoyed this class however don't expect to be perfect at it the first time you try. Even with my 13 years of dance experience in my pocket, I still struggled keeping to the beat at certain points. I was sweating but not as much as I had hoped. However, I did feel a good workout coming from my abs. I would suggest giving this place a try as it was a nice change of pace from my regular barre and pilates workouts while still keeping the same basic intent: to lean and lengthen muscles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why is Charcoal in Everything?

It’s in your toothpaste, your facemask, even in your soap! What is the big deal about Charcoal? Back in 2015 was when we first started hearing about the powers of charcoal. Since then it has spread from beauty products to our household items to our food. Everywhere we look there seems to be a hue of grey. If you’re like me, you might have gotten caught up in the trend without intending to and now somehow you have been partaking in some benefits that you have no idea what they are. I’m here to inform you how charcoal can help you in the many different forms of products we see it in today. We’ll start at the very beginning, the birth of the charcoal trend, the toothpaste. It was hard to go on social media without seeing someone with seriously black teeth that somehow turned their teeth whiter. How does it work? According to Trust Dental Care these toothpastes are made from a form of charcoal called Activated Charcoal. Activated Charcoal has natural adhesive qualities

Jumpin' Jumpin'

This was honestly one of the hardest workouts I have ever done. Aerospace's areojump class is one that is hard to beat. It was (almost) a full class of jump roping (the silent killer of cardio) coupled with a few toning exercises.  Aerospace is know for training many of the Victoria's Secret models including Adriana Lima. Located in the heart of Chelsea, it is easy to get to from almost anywhere in Manhattan. They offer eight different classes along with a "Training Camp". Their classes include ThinkFast, AeroBox, Aero3, AeroBarre, AeroJump (the one I took), AreoImpact, AeroPower and AeroFly. Aerospace's website descrbes it's training camp as,"Every muscle in the body battles against gravity in this ultimate fitness class designed to enhance endurance, speed, stamina, power, coordination, recall, tone and muscle strength." Sounds like my next Aerospace workout will be taking this training camp challenge!

Some of My (Least) Favorite Things

Since I have talked about Gotham Gym so much, I partnered up with my trainer Mike and asked him to help me out with a few posts! One is an interview with him about some of his best workout tips and the other (this one!) is a look into one of our workouts! So here we go: As a warm-up, I will just for three minutes on the treadmill at a 6.0 mph speed. Next, I will do three minutes on a machine called the Versa Climber. If you, or your gym does not have one a good equivalent could be doing mountain climbers for three minutes. Up next, is a round of boxing! This is my favorite part of the workout. Not only do I feel like I'm kicking butt, I also am working up a sweat. A round of boxing is about three minutes (I'm sure you're sensing a theme by now) and we do a round intermittently throughout the hour.  Next we move on to abs: If you are thinking, "I don't have a wheel or a bungie cord at my house! How am I supposed to so this?" Have no fear! There are